How to improve your fluency when speaking
Prepare for the second part of the Speaking test by practising talking about different topics for two minutes. Give yourself one minute to prepare your answer before you speak. Make some notes, if you wish.
Click here to find some sample topics to practise with.
Record yourself on your phone or computer, and then listen back to your performance.
Think of these points:
- Did you cover all the points on the topic card?
- Did you keep talking for two minutes?
- Did you use a wide variety of vocabulary and grammatical structures?
- Was your pronunciation clear?
- Was your speech fluent, or were there pauses and hesitations?
- Was your two-minute talk well-structured?